Many innovative products have been introduced into the air duct cleaning industry in the past several years. Ductworks, Inc. utilizes products within the HVAC system that help prevent indoor air quality problems and increase operating efficiency. Ductwork’s Inc., products offer cutting edge solutions for today’s HVAC Maintenance challenges.
- We select specialized products with the safety of the user and the environment in mind.
- We take great care to ensure the performance of the our products.
- All products are EPA registered.
Foster Products: Fiberglass Insulation Resurfacing & Anti-Microbial
Fosters products are EPA registered, low odor, quick setting water-based surfacing material designed for faced or unfaced fiberglass duct liner, fiberglass duct board insulation or galvanized surfaces.
Fosters is non-flammable when wet and extremely fire-resistive when dry. The dry film stays flexible and moisture resistant. It will not cause flash rusting on metal surfaces.
Overtime, internal duct insulation or liner will deteriorate allowing the loose fiberglass fibers to enter into the flowing air stream. Fosters ia applied to form an effective air erosion preventative surfacing material to seal and reinforcing the surface of new or aged duct liner insulation materials. Fosters is utilized to prevent fiberglass particulates from escaping into employee occupied space.
Long-term laboratory and field tests confirm that Fosters retains its fungicidal activity with no loss of activity through aging. Fosters products guards against the regrowth and spread of odor causing bacteria and molds on the surface of the coated HVAC system or its treated components. As a result the building occupants may enjoy a work space free of the odor problems often associated with contaminated HVAC duct systems.
- Indoor air quality materials.
- Fungicidal protective coatings.
Armaflex: Closed Cell Insulation
Armaflex SA is a flexible thermal insulation with a self-adhering backing. It is a closed-cell Elastomeric foam that can reduce or eliminate conditions amplifying biological contamination and Bioaerosols in commercial air conveyance systems. Engineered to control condensation, Armaflex has an inherent vapor retarder and requires no additional mastic or coatings. It is non-wicking and has a very low rate of water absorption. It continues to prevent water infiltration even after incidental mechanical abuse.
AP/Armaflex SA Duct Liner is a suitable replacement for traditional duct liner in air handlers, VAV units, ducts and other air system components requiring condensation control and moisture and damage resistance. It meets the requirements of NFPA 90A, NFPA 90B for Duct Coverings and Linings, and UL 181.
Choose AP/Armaflex SA Duct Liner for Worry-Free Service:
Patented AP/Armaflex SA Duct Liner is a flexible thermal insulation with a self-adhering backing. Its closed-cell elastomeric foam structure helps reduce or eliminate conditions that lead to biological contamination and bioaerosols in commercial air systems.
The surface of the insulation is:
- Smooth, so that dirt and debris that may enter the air stream tend not to accumulate.
- Durable and erosion-resistant.
- Washable, providing a basis for continuing system hygiene
Engineered to control condensation, AP/Armaflex SA Duct Liner has an inherent vapor retarder:
- Requires no additional mastics or coatings.
- Very low rate of water absorption.
- Continues to prevent water infiltration even after incidental mechanical abuse.
- It is nondusting, contains no formaldehyde, and withstands temperatures of 250 °F (121°C) when tested according to ASTM C 411.
- AP/Armaflex SA meets the requirements of NFPA 90A. AP/Armaflex SA also meets the requirements of NFPA 90B for Duct Coverings and Linings, and UL 181.
- For air systems that require an alternative Duct Liner
- Nonwicking; 0.2% water absorption.
- Smooth surface that reduces dirt and debris
- Elastomeric construction.
- Closed-cell construction.
- Inherent vapor retarder.
- Self-adhering backing.
- Reduces water presence in system and insulation.
- Inhibits amplication of biological contaminants.
- Basis for continuing system hygiene.
- Resistance to incidental damage.
- Longer life.
- Won´t contribute to air quality problems.
- Requires no mastics.
- Competitive total installed cost.
- No solvent vapors (with compression joints.
KEFA: Condensation Control
KEFA High-Tech Corporation has issued Ductworks, Inc. an exclusive license in the United States for the Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning(HVAC) industry, for the use and application of this patented proprietary product. KEFA Airless is an anti-condensation, micro-porous material which is designed to quickly sorb and de-sorb moisture into the air for quick drying. The secret to the effectiveness of KEFA Airless lies in its structure. It contains an enormous number of micro-pores, giving it an extremely large surface area. Due to its high permeability, the surface tension of condensing or penetrating moisture is broken and then absorbed by the micro-pore system and is spread over the surface area. After the KEFA reaches the peak load, the moisture is released back into the environment as a vapor. Vapors will not cause corrosion to building surfaces or offer ideal moisture for biological growth.
- Condensation preventing and heat insulating.
- Resistant against fire and spreading of flames.
- Diffusion enhancing.
- Movement absorbing.
- Vibration and acoustical damping.